Check upcoming events for the next scheduled workshop to register.
What is it?
A one day training “boot camp” for those looking to break into the Enterprise Architecture (EA) field.
Who should attend?
- Engineers who…
- want to move “out of the weeds” of detailed software coding or network engineering.
- Project Managers who…
- want to make a greater impact on the business side of their projects.
- Business Men & Women who…
- want greater involvement in their technology strategy and solutions designs.
- Professionals of all stripes who…
- want to bring together their technical, task management and business skills.
- want to join an emerging discipline.
- want to earn more.
What should you expect?
- Understand what skills an aspiring Enterprise Architect must have to succeed
- Know what to do and where to go to acquire the skills you lack
- Industry Knowledge
- Get introduced to current EA frameworks
- Know who’s who in the field
- Determine which EA trade organizations, certifications, and professional development programs are right for you
- Job Prospects
- Understand the current job market for Enterprise & Solution Architects
- Know the risks & benefits of EA consulting vs. direct employment
- What is EA and how does it fit in the industry?
- EA Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, Government frameworks)
- Skill Areas
- Legacy Technologies
- Current / Emerging Technologies
- Visual Modeling
- Logical Design vs. Functional Design
- Problem analysis
- Requirements solicitation & management
- Visual modeling for business processes
- Project management processes
- Task & time management
- Meeting facilitation
- Architectural risk & issue management
- Dealing with people vs. managing resources
- Informal communication approach
- Employment Paths
- Consulting – Becoming Indispensable
- “Permanent” full-time positions