Check upcoming events for the next scheduled workshop to register.
What is it?
An intensive, interactive one day training for architects, developers and other IT roles who want to take their architectural and diagramming skills to the next level.
Why bother to improve your visual modeling skills?
Practicing architects already understand how important “visual thinking” with diagrams is to driving great design. Yet the landscape of different modeling tools and disciplines can be confusing, and lead us quickly away from the core modeling concerns: clarity and scope.
Investigative Architecture is an approach to “visual thinking” and problem solving that is tool-agnostic and adheres to industry standards. The Investigative Architecture approach can make a critical difference to your stakeholders:
- It empowers you to communicate more clearly.
- It lets everyone focus on facts, not opinions, in situations where debates get heated.
- It’s an impressive and invaluable skill.
Who should attend?
Architects, Engineers, and Developers who want to…
- Gain the tools necessary to be expert visual communicators.
- Learn the thought process needed to diagram under pressure, with minimal information.
- Become the indispensable visual modeling resource in their projects.
- View the Unified Modeling Language (UML) in a new way, tailored for EA success.
What should you expect?
- Understand the visual modeling value equation
- Select the right architecture diagram type
- Scope a diagram a dozen different ways
- Acquire a “tool box” of techniques for investigating and understanding complex system architectures
- Gain the confidence to model any system or process, no matter how unfamiliar
- Modeling tool (your software) vs. modeling tool (your brain) – “your brain as modeling tool”
- Identifying modeling opportunities
- Crash course in UML for solution and enterprise architecture
- Logical Deployment Diagrams
- Physical Deployment Diagram
- Data Context & Data Collaboration Diagrams
- Conceptual Diagrams
- Other UML diagrams (Activity, Sequence & Use Case diagrams)
- Investigative Architecture Case Studies, Reference Material, Activities and Problem Sets
While we are committed to bringing you the value of our expertise and experience in this area, our training solution is highly interactive in nature. We believe that hands-on learning and dialogue with our participants is valuable and will create the most useful training experience possible. Expect to be challenged!